A life without creativity to me is unthinkable. I have always loved expressing myself creatively in many different ways.
Whether through photography or moving images, sewing and tailoring, singing, writing or dancing. My inner child finds its sacred space in creativity.
Despite the many journeys, my inner journey has taught me the most. Listening to my inner voice, following my heart, has resulted in me being able to live the life of my dreams- which in no case means that it’s perfect. Currently I am traveling the Americas with my partner in crime in a self converted van and working location-independently while we travel.
In 2016, out of my love for writing and traveling, I started my first blog, “Travelous Mind“, which was originally thought to just be a travel blog. Over the next 3 years it instead evolved into a platform that mainly deals with the topics of “traveling with chronic illnesses” and deep and mindful traveling.
my first book.
In 2017, I then published my first book, „Life happens for you: Traveling the world with a backpack and Cystic Fibrosis“ (indirect English translation). In this book I describe my travels around the world and life with the chronic metabolic disease Cystic Fibrosis with all its ups and downs. [Only in German] Find out more about the book here.
Since mid-2018 I have also been giving lectures at different seminars and conferences around Europe about traveling and living with Cystic Fibrosis, about the mindful approach of one’s own health and the integration of CF treatments into everyday life. My main goal is to let those affected know that despite, or precisely because of, their illness, they are able to pave their own way in life and realize their full potential. Some of these lectures you can find at the bottom of the page under „Media“.
– Lecture “Traveling with Cystic Fibrosis” I Autumn Conference for Cystic Fibrosis in Erlangen
– “Living life with Cystic Fibrosis” ISMM congress, Bavaria [English]
– “Traveling with CF” I ERS (European Respiratory Society) Congress, Paris
– “From one who set out to love surfing” I Surfnomade
– “Denise Yahrling – From Blog to Book” I Surfer’s Mag
– “Life happens for you” I Interview with So nah und so fern
– “Giving courage for the future with Cystic Fibrosis” I Muko.info
– “Introducing: Denise Yahrling from Travelous Mind” I Nomadweek
– “Life happens for you” I Caqtus